With all the rain we’ve had lately, you made need a fresh list of activities in and around town. We’ve compiled a list of ways to enjoy town, even on wet and rainy days.
1) The Durango Community Recreation Center is full of fun activities! Along with exercise equipment, there’s an indoor gym, a pool, waterslide and activity area, and even a climbing wall! This is a place you could spend hours playing and relaxing, and perfect for a rained-out day.
2) Movie Theaters. We have no shortage of movie options in town. The Durango Stadium 9, Gaslight Twin Cinema, and Animas City Theatre all offer movies. Sometimes a relaxing movie day is the perfect outing.
3) The Henry Strater Theatre offers shows throughout the summer. You may choose to attend just the show, or enjoy dinner prior to the show at The Mahogany Grill. Currently, The Legend of Danny Boy and “The West” in Story and Song are playing. It’s the perfect night out.
4) Enjoy our Restaurants We have so many unique restaurants and such fantastic cuisine in Durango. Whether you prefer a charming steakhouse or a tasty burger, we have casual, fancy, and everything in between! Rainy days are the perfect excuse to get out and enjoy a meal someone else makes.
5) Durango Public Library offers events for the entire family. Baby story time, family story time, adult board game nights, and even a book club (located at Animas Brewing Company) are available for participants. You could attend one of these events, or just browse the library for reading material.
6) The Powerhouse Science Center provides an interactive, fun, and educational environment for kids and families, and it’s inside. This is a great place on rainy days. Did you know adults can enjoy the Powerhouse Science Center too? They offer a High Tech Happy Hour in the MakerLab, where you can enjoy a beverage and explore the high-tech tools and machinery.
7) Play outside in the rain! Even on rainy days, you can still go have fun in the rain. Consider playing games at a park or going on an easy hike or picnic. Sure, you’ll get wet, but sometimes those are the best memories.
Sometimes the rain can ruin plans, but we are grateful for so many options in Durango to stay occupied and enjoy the resources we have. Let us know if you have more to add to our list!
Post courtesy of The Durango Team