Since we have had a wetter winter and may have good rains this spring, mosquitoes could be a problem… Below is a natural solution to keep mosquitoes away!
There are many oils that work, and even ready-made blends you can purchase, but we’ve found this DIY blend works well, and mixed with skin-friendly jojoba oil it not only smells good, it’ll leave your skin feeling great too!
If you’re worried about toxins and chemicals found in traditional bug repellents, give this a try!
Here’s to a bite-free summer! All-natural insect repellent made with pure essential oils. Safe for the whole family.
INGREDIENTS FOR DIY ESSENTIAL OIL BUG REPELLENT
- 1 oz of carrier oil*
- 1 drop citronella essential oil
- 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 1 drop cypress essential oil
- 1 drop lemon myrtle essential oil
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIY ESSENTIAL OIL BUG REPELLENT
- Mix together in a small glass spray bottle and store in a cool dark place. Spritz on neck, arms and legs before heading outside, being careful to avoid your eyes as essential oils are strong and will burn.