Slow Cooker Bison and Vegetable Stew
- 2 lbs grass-fed bison cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb carrots chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch organic kale torn into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbls fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups beef bone broth
Units: US Imperial
- Add all ingredients except for kale into the bowl of a crock pot. Cover and turn on to medium heat. Let cook for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, add kale to crock pot and stir in. Cover and let wilt for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Serve in individual bowls. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Bison is a nutritional powerhouse with protein, iron, vitamin B, and Omega-3s. Bison contains just as much of that essential fatty acid as salmon, with a deep umami flavor that is richer than that of beef.