Durango Green Living – tips, products and more
Here are a few tips you can easily integrate into your everyday life:
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Practice the three R’s; first reduce how much you use, then reuse what you can, and then recycle the rest. Then dispose of what is left in the most environmentally friendly way. Read the tips below and explore the way of reducing solid waste.
- Buy permanent items instead of disposable.
- Buy & use only what you need.
- Buy products with less packaging.
- Buy products that use less toxic chemicals.
- Repair items as much as possible.
- Use durable coffee mugs.
- Use cloth napkins or towels.
- Clean out juice bottles and use them for water.
- Use empty jars to hold leftover food.
- Reuse boxes.
- Participate in paint collection and reuse programs.
- Donate extras to people you know or to charity instead of throwing them away.
- Reuse grocery bags and trash bags.
- Recycle paper (printer paper, newspapers, mail, magazines…), plastic bottles, glass bottles, corrugated cardboard, and tin or aluminum cans.
- Recycle electronics.
- Recycle used motor oil.
- Compost food scraps, grass and other yard clippings, and dead plants.
- Close the loop – buy recycled products and products that use recycled packaging. That is what makes recycling economically possible.