Questions? Please call (970) 375-4861.
This is a great opportunity for fire mitigation and creating a defensible space around your home!
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Large appliances (no refrigerators or air conditioning units)
- Scrap metal
- Drywall, carpeting, tiles, and other remodeling debris (no commercial quantities, DIY home projects only)
- Open and dried paint cans
- Fencing and lumber (must be less than 8 feet in length and less than 8 inches in diameter)
- Tree trimmings and branches (must be less than 8 feet in length and less than 8 inches in diameter) – click here for Colorado Forest Service pruning recommendations
- Bagged or boxed loose brush and leaves
- Please separate items into piles of similar materials: yard waste, scrap metal, furniture, etc.
- Reusable and free items are offered at residents’ sole discretion
- No other waste will be collected
Who Can Participate?
Only City of Durango residents who pay for the Spring/Fall Cleanup service fee on their utility bill are eligible to participate in Spring Cleanup. Spring Cleanup service is managed by the City of Durango’s Streets Division and is paid for by the fee collected on residents’ monthly utility bills.
Material placed by those who are not eligible or material placed outside a designated area/time is considered illegal dumping. If you observe or suspect illegal dumping in your neighborhood, please report it at (970) 385-2900.
When and Where to Place Materials
Place materials where you place your trash cans in the alley for collection, or curbside in areas of town where there are no alleys.
In order to make sure your items are collected, please make sure all items are placed out by the day before your scheduled pickup week. Once crews collect along the designated pickup area, they will not return. Residents are asked not to place items out more than one week prior to your pickup week, doing so may be considered illegal dumping.
2023 Neighborhood Pickup Schedule
|April 3-7||Rockridge Subdivision, Animas View Dr., Sky Ridge Subdivision, Hill Crest Estates, North College Dr., Aquarius, Richard Dr, Linda Ct., Willow Place, Geoglein Gulch, Sanborn Place and Ball Lane.|
PLEASE HAVE ITEMS SET OUT BY APRIL 2.
|April 10-14||Areas south of 15th St. and West of 9th Ave. including residential areas of 160 W (Twin Buttes) and Highway 160 E (Three Springs) located within City limits.|
PLEASE HAVE ITEMS SET OUT BY APRIL 9.
|April 17-21||Areas north of 15th St. to 36th St. paralleling Main to the East and West including the Animas City area.|
PLEASE HAVE ITEMS SET OUT BY APRIL 16.
|April 24-28||West side subdivisions including Crestview, Needham and Junction St. areas.|
PLEASE HAVE ITEMS SET OUT BY APRIL 23.
|May 1-5||East side subdivisions including Rio Vista Circle, Riverview, Florida Rd.|
PLEASE HAVE ITEMS SET OUT BY APRIL 30.
Post courtesy of DurangoGov.org